Looking for a mission to support?
Looking for a mission to support? We’d love for you to be a part of ours! Junior League of Abilene is committed to enhancing the lives of children in our community, a mission we would not be able to achieve without the generosity of our many donors. With the support we receive from our partners in the community we are able to fund six important projects: CarePack for Kids, Community Partners, Kids in the Kitchen, PAVE (Providing Assistance and Volunteer Experience), the Homeless Youth Program, and Suds Buds.
Any size gift to the Junior League of Abilene will make an impact on the community, as even just $1.00 can provide a hygiene pack to a student in need as part of the Suds Buds program! While all of our donors have enabled us to help the children of Abilene, we would be remiss if we did not give special thanks to former member, Julia “Judy” Jones Matthews. Matthews’ devotion to the community will be forever remembered through the continuing legacies of the projects, foundations, and causes that she, along with her family’s organization, The Dodge Jones Foundation, so generously supported. Matthews passed away on November 17, 2016, at the age of 97, but her gifts to the community will live on through all of us.
We’re grateful for the support of corporate partners and in-kind sponsors, as well as the generosity of individual donors. Each contribution truly makes a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Click here to review the different giving opportunities to support the mission of the Junior League of Abilene.
★ 2018 Form 990 covering the fiscal year ending June 30, 2019.
2018-2019 JLA Impact Numbers
- 6,000 hygiene kits and lice kits were assembled and distributed to 13 Title I schools in Taylor County.
- $10,000 dollars donated to 13 local organizations that benefit children through our PAVE project.
- 500 volunteer hours that benefited organizations through our PAVE project.
- More than 250 CPS children were provided Christmas gifts through the Miracle on Vine Street program.
- 42 students enrolled at Reagan Elementary School and Bassetti Elementary School were sponsored by League members with “backpacks” full of food through Backpacks for Kids.
- Supported the Abilene Cultural Affair Council’s “Children’s Art & Literacy Festival” with volunteer hours and $1,000 gift to underwrite festival tickets to children registered with the Day Nursery of Abilene.
- 50 volunteer hours with with Abilene ISD and our partnership with our Homeless Youth Program.
- And more! See how the Junior League of Abilene further helped the Taylor County community in 2018-2019 in THIS INFOGRAPHIC.