The Junior League of Abilene welcomes all women who value our mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of individuals, organizations and communities.
2023-2024 Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging Committee Members:
DEI&B Committee Vision Statement:
The JLA Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging Committee has established the following strategic objectives to guide us as we work to ensure all women feel welcomed and valued in the Junior League of Abilene:
- Diversity – Cultivate the representation of including but not limited to, age, racial, ethnic, religious, LGBTQIA+, and socioeconomic diversity
- Inclusion – Create an engaging environment where all members are warmly welcomed and feel a sense of belonging
- Education – Create training opportunities to meet the needs of JLA’s diverse membership
- Communication – Ensure Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, actions and results are transparent
- Accountability – Hold leadership accountable for achieving meaningful Diversity and Inclusion goals and objectives in addition to recognizing accomplishments. Partner with leadership to embed diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our League.
Approved by the Board of Directors on September 2, 2020
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging Committee Projects:
- Development of a 5-year DE&I Strategic Plan
- Create education and training opportunities to foster a culture that promotes a welcoming and inclusive environment for current and prospective members of JLA
- Improvements to recruitment, outreach and expansion programs of underrepresented groups of women
- Planning, creating and sharing opportunities to celebrate our diverse membership
Additional Content and Education Resources:
Questions? Problems? Ideas? We want to hear from you!
Contact Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, & Belonging Committee Chair Misti Hauger: email@example.com