The Junior League of Abilene welcomes all women who value our mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of individuals, organizations and communities.
2020-2021 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee Members:
DE&I Committee Vision Statement:
Approved by the Board of Directors on September 2, 2020
The JLA Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee has established the following strategic objectives to guide us as we work to ensure all women feel welcomed and valued in the Junior League of Abilene:
- Diversity – Cultivate the representation of including but not limited to, age, racial, ethnic, religious, LGBTQIA+, and socioeconomic diversity
- Inclusion – Create an engaging environment where all members are warmly welcomed and feel a sense of belonging
- Education – Create training opportunities to meet the needs of JLA’s diverse membership
- Communication – Ensure Diversity and Inclusion initiatives, actions and results are transparent
- Accountability – Hold leadership accountable for achieving meaningful Diversity and Inclusion goals and objectives in addition to recognizing accomplishments. Partner with leadership to embed diversity, equity and inclusion throughout our League.
2020-2021 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee Projects :
- Development of a 5-year DE&I Strategic Plan
- Create education and training opportunities to foster a culture that promotes a welcoming and inclusive environment for current and prospective members of JLA
- Improvements to recruitment, outreach and expansion programs of underrepresented groups of women
- Planning, creating and sharing opportunities to celebrate our diverse membership
Additional Content and Education Resources:
JLA Suggested Reading List:
Questions? Problems? Ideas? We want to hear from you!
Contact Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee Chair Kenna Hogan at: firstname.lastname@example.org