League members are committed to enhancing the lives of children in our community – we serve nearly 4,000 hours each year! This commitment is evidenced by the community projects that are funded and staffed during the year.
2016-2017 JLA Impact Numbers
- 8,000 dollars donated to 13 local organizations that benefit children through our PAVE project.
- 9,000 hygiene kits and 700 lice kits were assembled and distributed to Title I schools in Taylor County.
- 1,648 CPS clients were served through the Bluebonnet Room.
- 296 CPS children were provided Christmas gifts through the Miracle on Vine Street program.
- 1,394 Backpacks for Kids were packed for 59 kids who wouldn’t normally have food on the weekends.
- 104 Junior League members received training, sharpened skills, developed strengths and weaknesses, and created lasting connections with other women.
- 7 Junior League members received masters-level training through AJLI.
- 4,080 shoppers supported the Junior League of Abilene at our Christmas Carousel Market Hall. Over $118,000 was made at 2016 Christmas Carousel.
- 20,591 dollar value of volunteer hours put into the community by JLA.
- 317 total members within the community.
- At least $7,271 was raised during Abilene Gives, which allows us to get 44 kids off of the Backpacks for Kids program waitlist.