League members are committed to enhancing the lives of children in our community – we serve nearly 4,000 hours each year! This commitment is evidenced by the community projects that are funded and staffed during the year.
2017-2018 JLA Impact Numbers
- More than 6,500 hygiene kits and lice kits were assembled and distributed to 9 Title I schools in Taylor County.
- $8,000 dollars donated to 13 local organizations that benefit children through our PAVE project.
- $8,300 funded in resources found in the Bluebonnet Room for CPS clients .
- More than 400 CPS children were provided Christmas gifts through the Miracle on Vine Street program.
- More than $8,000 raised to sustain and increase the resources and services offered to the Taylor County Child Welfare.
- 52 Fridays when League members pack “backpacks” full of food to Taylor Elementary School, Reagan Elementary School and Bassetti Elementary School to students through Backpacks for Kids.
- Supported the Abilene Cultural Affair Council’s “Children’s Art & Literacy Festival” with volunteer hours and $2,000 gift to underwrite festival tickets to children registered with the Day Nursery of Abilene.
- Formal partnership made with Abilene ISD and its Homeless Youth Program.