League members are committed to enhancing the lives of children in our community – we serve nearly 4,000 hours each year! This commitment is evidenced by the community projects that are funded and staffed during the year.
2018-2019 JLA Impact Numbers
- 6,000 hygiene kits and lice kits were assembled and distributed to 13 Title I schools in Taylor County.
- $10,000 dollars donated to 13 local organizations that benefit children through our PAVE project.
- 500 volunteer hours that benefited organizations through our PAVE project.
- More than 250 CPS children were provided Christmas gifts through the Miracle on Vine Street program.
- 42 students enrolled at Reagan Elementary School and Bassetti Elementary School were sponsored by League members with “backpacks” full of food through Backpacks for Kids.
- Supported the Abilene Cultural Affair Council’s “Children’s Art & Literacy Festival” with volunteer hours and $1,000 gift to underwrite festival tickets to children registered with the Day Nursery of Abilene.
- 50 volunteer hours with with Abilene ISD and our partnership with our Homeless Youth Program.
- And more! See how the Junior League of Abilene further helped the Taylor County community in 2018-2019 in THIS INFOGRAPHIC.