The Junior League of Abilene realizes how important it is to have firsthand knowledge of the needs of our Abilene Community. As such, the Junior League of Abilene has selected the individuals named below to be a part of our Community Advisory Board.
Our Community Advisory Board is a group of community representatives that works closely with Junior League of Abilene, providing advice and expertise. As a League we have selected these respected members of our community who have skills in specific areas; who can connect the League to our constituents, possible partners, and community assets to help increase respect for volunteerism; and who can help widen our reach to broader audiences. These community advisors generate ideas and communicate concerns, strengthen League programs, and broaden our member recruitment efforts to include diverse populations.
- Laura Dyer | Abilene ISD, Fmr. School Board Member
- Candy Scarborough |Retired Abilene ISD Principal
- Naomi Banks | State Farm, Insurance Agent
- Melody Roper | McMurry University, School of Education
- Michelle Parrish | Community Foundation of Abilene, Grants Director
- Doug Peters | Abilene Chamber of Commerce, President/CEO
- Leigh Black | Hendrick Medical Center, Director of Marketing
- Cynthia Pearson | Day Nursery of Abilene, President/CEO
- Angie Wiley | Abilene ISD, School Board Member