Providing Assistance and Volunteer Experience (PAVE) is the League’s program to support non-profit agencies and outreach programs in Abilene through funding and/or volunteer hours. This project truly does “PAVE” the way for a better tomorrow for our community. PAVE has funded and/or provided volunteers for over 40 non-profit organizations in Abilene.
There are now TWO JLA PAVE Applications: (1) a Grant (only) Application and (2) a Volunteer (only) Request Form. Organizations that want a grant AND volunteers should fill out both forms.
Click here to explore how your organization can request a PAVE grant or PAVE volunteers.
2021-22 Selection Committee
Members who are serving on the committee this year include:
- Aida Pantoja (PAVE Grant Chair)
- Samantha Atchison (PAVE Volunteer Chair)
- Rachel Lopez De Castillo
- Katy McReynolds
- Amy Watts
2021-22 PAVE Recipients
The Junior League of Abilene was able to provide $4,000 to four local organizations in 2020-21. These non-profit organizations include:
- Abilene Hope Haven
- Abilene ISD Federal Programs
- Abilene Zoological Society
- Big Country CASA
- Faithworks of Abliene
- Girls Strong Mentoring
- Hardin-Simmons Social Work Club
- Lytle South Baptist Church
- Meals on Wheels Plus
- Mentors Care
- Ministry of Counseling and Enrichment
- Pregnancy Resources of Abilene
- St. Vincent Ballet Folklorico
- Swenson House Historical Society
- The Grace Museum
Note: If you received funds in 2021-22, please complete an online evaluation form. Click here to submit your evaluation form online.