Providing Assistance and Volunteer Experience (PAVE) is the League’s program to support non-profit agencies and outreach programs in Abilene through funding and/or volunteer hours. This project truly does “PAVE” the way for a better tomorrow for our community. PAVE has funded and/or provided volunteers for over 40 non-profit organizations in Abilene.
There are now TWO JLA PAVE Applications: (1) a Grant (only) Application and (2) a Volunteer (only) Request Form. Organizations that want a grant AND volunteers should fill out both forms.
Click here to explore how your organization can request a PAVE grant or PAVE volunteers.
2018-19 Selection Committee
Members who are serving on the committee include:
- EJ Jessup & Katy McReynolds – Co-Chairmen
- Amalie Lopez
- Ambrosia Grant
- Ashley Scott
- Crystal Najera
- Melanie Trevino
- Monica Reid
- Rachel LaFever
2017-18 PAVE Recipients
The Junior League of Abilene was able to provide $8,000 to 18 local organizations in 2017-18. These non-profit organizations include:
- Abilene Runner’s Club
- Abilene Young Life
- Alliance A-Teens
- Big Country CASA, Inc.
- Children’s Performing Arts Series
- Christian Homes & Family Services
- Communities in Schools of the Big Country
- Day Nursery of Abilene
- FaithWorks of Abilene
- Ministry of Counseling and Enrichment
- National Alliance on Mental Illness Abilene
- Noah Project, Inc.
- Pregnancy Resources of Abilene
- The Center for Contemporary Arts
- The Grace Museum
- The Salvation Army
- The Upside-Down Club of Abilene
- West Texas Rehabilitation Center
Note: If you received funds in 2017-18, you will also need to complete an online evaluation form. Click here to submit your evaluation form online.