Providing Assistance and Volunteer Experience (PAVE) is the League’s program to support non-profit agencies and outreach programs in Abilene through funding and/or volunteer hours. This project truly does “PAVE” the way for a better tomorrow for our community. PAVE has funded and/or provided volunteers for over 40 non-profit organizations in Abilene.
There are now TWO JLA PAVE Applications: (1) a Grant (only) Application and (2) a Volunteer (only) Request Form. Organizations that want a grant AND volunteers should fill out both forms.
Click here to explore how your organization can request a PAVE grant or PAVE volunteers.
2020-21 Selection Committee
Members who are serving on the committee this year include:
- Melynie Chavez (PAVE Grant Chair)
- Erin Coffman (PAVE Volunteer Chair)
- Sam Atchison
- Trista Bailey
- Mia Barnes
- Evelyn Burgos
- Bridget Camarillo
- Ronica Coldiron
- Misti Hauger
- Miscaela Lipscomb
- Anna Peters
- Kelly Turner
- Geraldine Willis
2019-20 PAVE Recipients
The Junior League of Abilene was able to provide $10,000 to 11 local organizations in 2019-20. These non-profit organizations include:
- BCFS Health and Human Services of Abilene
- Big Country CASA
- The Grace Museum
- Ministry of Counseling and Enrichment
- Pregnancy Resources of Abilene
- Safe Families for Children of Abilene
- Salvation Army
- Upside Down Club of Abilene
- West Texas Rehab Center (Pediatrics)
- Young Audiences of Abilene
- Day Nursery of Abilene
Note: If you received funds in 2019-20, please complete an online evaluation form. Click here to submit your evaluation form online.