The Junior League of Abilene realizes how important it is to have first hand knowledge of the needs of our Abilene Community. As such, the Junior League of Abilene has selected the individuals named below to be a part of our Community Advisory Board.
Our Community Advisory Board is a group of community representatives that works closely with Junior League of Abilene, providing advice and expertise. As a League we have selected these respected members of our community who have skills in specific areas; who can connect the League to our constituents, possible partners, and community assets to help increase respect for volunteerism; and who can help widen our reach to broader audiences. These community advisors generate ideas and communicate concerns, strengthen League programs, and broaden our member recruitment efforts to include diverse populations.
- Albert Gutierrez, VP & GM KTAB-TV and Telemundo Abilene
- Neomia Banks, State Farm Insurance Agent
- Lynn Barnett, Past JLA President & Director of Abilene Cultural Affairs Council
- Panissa Dor Williams, Abilene Regional Medical Center Marketing
- Beverly Guthrie, Community Volunteer
- Terry Johnson, Executive Director of Communities in Schools of the Big Country
- Bobby Larry, Abilene Regional
- Heather Melchor, Abilene ISD
- Cynthia Pearson, Day Nursery of Abilene
- Teddye Read, KXVA-FOX Abilene
- Sheila Richardson, The Grace Museum
- Melody Roper, McMurry School of Education
- Brittany Wade, CPS
- Beth Worrell, Kids’ Campus Childcare